Get Help

How to get help

If you need help from our foodbank there are a few simple steps to follow.

The most important step is to get a foodbank voucher.

In order to provide the most appropriate help for the circumstances of your situation we work with local agencies. If they feel you are struggling to put food on the table, they will issue you with a foodbank voucher. The local agency can also provide long term support if needed to help address some of the issues behind the reasons for your crisis. Agencies we work with include: Citizens Advice, housing support officers, children’s centres, health visitors, social services and some local charities.


If you are in financial crisis and live in England or Wales, please call 0808 2082138 for free (open Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm) to talk confidentially with a trained Citizens Advice adviser. They can help address your crises and provide support to maximise your income, help you navigate the benefits system, and identify any additional grants you could be entitled to. If needed, they’ll issue you with a voucher so you can get an emergency food parcel from your local food bank.

 Bring  your foodbank voucher to your nearest foodbank centre. 

You can find a list of our local centres and opening times here. When you arrive, we’ll welcome you with a warm drink and our trained volunteers will chat with you about your situation. We’ll also discuss any dietary needs you may have and exchange your foodbank voucher for a parcel of 7 days of emergency food. We’ll also help to support you in any other ways that we can.

If you have any further questions our FAQ’s page may help, or feel free to give us a call 07385921627.

PLEASE NOTE that we only provide food at our Food Bank Centres. Unfortunately we don’t have the facilities to deliver food parcels to our clients. Nor do we have the facilities to offer help with Water, Gas and/or Electricity payments.

However, there are options available for those struggling to pay for household fuel depending on age and benefits received. Please click on the following links to find out more:

Thames Water’s WaterSure Scheme (Depending on Circumstances & Benefits Claiming):

Cold Weather Payment (Depending on Benefits Claiming):

Winter Fuel Payment (Depending on Age):

Available Grants for Individuals or Families with Disabilities:

If you need free local Debt Advice please contact Sidcup Debt Advice on 020 8269 8621:

If you or anyone you know are in a homeless situation please contact, in the first instance, Streetlink. From January to March they may refer to Bexley Winter Shelter but Streetlink is there all year round:

Back to Get Help